At today’s PC Gaming Show, Perfect World lifted the lid on Torchlight III on some impressive gameplay as well as what to expect in the Steam Early Access launch.
Those who embark on this adventure experience the first two epic acts in Torchlight III, and take on a myriad of quests and boss battles across randomly-generated areas filled with over 100,000 powerful pieces of loot to find, including magic, rare and legendary items. Early Access players can also expect to enjoy even more content as it rolls out over the coming months.
Torchlight III Early Access game features include:
- Travel the Frontier: Players can explore the wilderness, party with friends, gather materials to craft loot, or show off their spoils in town! There’s always something to do in the new frontier.
- Build & Upgrade Your Fort: It’s time to rebuild! Players will enjoy their very own account-based fort, where they can upgrade gear, and make renovations to show it off to their friends and the world. The game allows them to build monuments of power, pet stables, and more!
- Choose a Relic: Relics are objects of great power that grant players a suite of active skills and passive skills. Players can craft them, level them up and store them in their fort. The relic is an important part of a character’s strategy – choose wisely!
- Collect Epic Gear: Whether it’s armor, weapons, recipes, ember cores, or even new pets … there’s always more to find as adventurers battle through dungeons and take on dangerous foes. Every randomly-generated area can be replayed over and over again since each instance brings different items.
- Pets are Back: Players can fight their way to fame and glory with loyal companions! Each of the many species comes in a myriad of colors and styles so adventurers shouldn’t settle for the first one they find. They can also make these pets stronger by adding skills, equip them with gear to make them hardier, and together battle enemies as a team.
- Build Your Hero: With four classes to choose from, players can utilize class-specific mechanics to maximize damage and their odds of survival. Torchlight III lets them gather epic gear, select your Relic powers, and customize loadouts to create a unique combat style for their heroes.
Torchlight III features four diverse hero classes with unique abilities and powers:
- The Dusk Mage is an enchanter who harnesses the power of light and dark energy to conjure devastating attacks.
- The Forged is a powerful robot who relies on an arsenal of weaponry to build up heat and unleash explosive assaults.
- The Railmaster is a locomotive savvy powerhouse who steams into combat with a massive hammer and heavily armed battle train.
- The Sharpshooter is a powerful and nimble ranged character who uses incredible skill with ranged weapons and magical trinkets to take on enemies from afar.
Torchlight III is now available on Early Access for €29.99