Six award-winning VR game studios have joined forced to bring the first VR Games Showcase to Gamescom next month in Germany.
Andreas Juliusson, Marketing & Communications Manager for Fast Travel Games, explains how this initiative came to life: “‘The VR Games Showcase’ is a concept I came up with 6 months ago. The VR industry is still young and most active VR game studios are relatively small, like us, with the same kind of marketing challenges and lack of resources. However, if multiple studios would join forces to share costs and efforts, I believed we would be able to deliver a real heavyweight event concept with clear value for both media and content creators to attend!” Andreas elaborates: “As I started to reach out about this initiative, I was met with a massive interest not only from the studios but also from Perp Games, whose investment helped bring it to life. Now, the biggest studio event collaboration in the VR games industry is finally happening, with the premiere taking place at Gamescom this summer! I am hoping we can keep building on this concept and allow ‘The VR Games Showcase’ to grow going forward. This unique collaboration really raises the bar for VR games marketing and event presence.”
Some of the games and companies you can expect to see at the showcase are:
- Fast Travel Games (Apex Construct): First hands-on with The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets
- Neat Corporation (Budget Cuts): Exclusive hands-on content with Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency (co-developed with Fast Travel Games)
- Survios (Raw Data, Creed, Sprint Vector): First hands-on with the story mode with characters from the show The Walking Dead: Onslaught
- Resolution Games (Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs, Bait!): First hands-on with Acron: Attack of the Squirrels!
- Carbon Studio (The Wizards, Alice VR): First hands-on with The Wizards: Dark Times
- Cortopia Studios (Wands VR): First hands-on with “An Adventure in Wonderland” (Final title and info revealed at Gamescom)
- Perp Games: Global games publisher sponsoring ‘The VR Games Showcase’
The showcase will take place between August 20-22 at Gamescom