SEGA have announced that the sequel to their success puzzle mash-up title Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is now available for current and next-gen consoles.
With a brand-new RPG-inspired Skill Battle mode, a colourful new story and characters in Adventure mode, a slew of online features, and much more, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 continues the successful legacy of its predecessor while adding a fresh take on the reunion of two puzzle legends.
A Mashup Made for Mayhem
With endless ways for newcomers and veterans alike to showcase their skills, these are just a few highlights featured in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2:
- Colourful crossover puzzle play for up to 4 players, online and offline
- Navigate a new overworld map in Adventure Mode and follow the all-new story adventure, as the characters traverse the merged worlds to rescue their pals from a dark corruption
- Replay stages for more rewards, experiment with different difficulty levels, test out your favourite playstyle, and unlock new characters, backgrounds, bonus stages and more
- 28 playable characters, both new and returning, each with their own unique abilities and stats
- Select characters with complementary skills in Skill Battle Mode to strategize and create the most powerful team possible and see how they stack up against your opponents
- Test out your skillset with the new online features, including challenging Puzzle Leagues, or play with up to four players in a variety of customizable matches in Free Play for a more casual experience
- Challenge modes including endless Tetris and Puyo Puyo add still more variety to solo and online play
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is out now for Nintendo Switch, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One!