It’s safe to say that Halo 4 is one of the most anticipated titles releasing this year. With new developers at the helm and a new direction for the series, there is a lot to be excited for.
The multiplayer will see a complete overhaul with a new mode known as “infinity” which sees two teams of Spartan IVs take each other on on the largest ship ever constructed by the UNSC.
The new Spartan-Ops is a brand new and unique mode to halo 4 that will release weekly in an episodic form following the events of UNSC Infinity’s leaders and crew. The mode features high quality cut-scenes and will expand the world of Halo 4.
If that wasn’t enough, Microsoft have also announced a limited collector’s edition for Halo 4. For about 65 Euro, you can get yourself a whole list of additional content. They are:
· War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
(A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time)
· Specializations – Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specializations are released over time.
· The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armor customization schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
· Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
o Unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin
o Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
o An exclusive in-game emblem
o Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
o Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armor set
· “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”
o “Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following exclusive videos:
§ Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of
“Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
§ Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
§ Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”