Coffee Stain Publishing and Ghost Ship Games have announced that the co-op dwarf space shooter is out now for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
“We honestly believe that since the Early Access launch we’ve managed to build one of the best gaming communities in the galaxy. We’ve developed Deep Rock Galactic alongside them and today we’re absolutely thrilled to throw back some beers in the Abyss Bar and celebrate the 1.0 launch,” said Mikkel Martin Pedersen, Game Director & Co-founder, Ghost Ship Games. “1.0 is a new beginning for Deep Rock Galactic. Whilst we’re thrilled with the game today, we still have huge plans to continue expanding and improving. Our focus has always been co-op first, in terms of gameplay and open development alongside our community, and we’ll be releasing an updated roadmap soon.”
“Deep Rock Galactic is our first venture into Early Access and we’ve been very lucky working with Ghost Ship as our partner.” said Anton Westbergh, CEO & Co-Founder of Coffee Stain. “Ghost Ship has handled the development and community brilliantly, and is a great example of the type of studio we like to work with. A well oiled team with a unique idea and approach to development. The passion in the community that they have established is unlike anything we’ve seen before, and we’re very excited for the future of the game.”
- 1 to 4 player Co-Op: Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through massive cave systems filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources.
- 4 Unique Classes: Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- Fully Destructible Environments: Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- Procedurally Generated Cave Network: Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect.
- High-Tech Gadgets and Weapons: Clean the caves of Hoxxes IV with the CSPR Flamethrower and the “Lead Storm” Powered Minigun, light the way with flares, tackle tough terrain with the Reinforced Power Drill and reach new heights with the grappling hook.
Ghost Ship also ran a community competition inviting the community to make their own launch trailers for the game. New fan trailers have been shown each day on the Deep Rock social channels concluding with the amazing winning submission from Doomer.