Developer Motion Twin have revealed details for their Brutal update set to hit steam tomorrow.
First off, the old tier system (Strength/Skills/Health) has been replaced by a new system (Brutality/Tactic/Survival).
- Brutality (red): includes all weapons (except shields)
- Tactic (purple): includes all active skills
- Survival (green): includes all shields
Some items (weapons or skills) are Dual colors, which means they can rely on two different stats, and use the highest value. You may also encounter random Colorless items: these ones will always use your best stat.
Here are the effects of these new three stats when you augment them:
- Brutality (red): raise all red item damage, add +18% life
- Tactic (purple): raise all purple item damage, reduce all active cooldowns
- Survival (green): raise all green item damage, add +40% life