Publisher 505 Games have today announced that the high-speed futuristic racer Redout will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year.
Redout has some very obvious inspiration in the form of WipeOut and F-Zero and the fact that it is build in Unreal Engine 4 means that it looks incredibly smooth and impressive.
REDOUT KEY FEATURES:
- Online multiplayer: Challenge up to 12 players from around the globe to find out who the best RedOut pilot is.
- Career mode: Carve out your path to glory with 93 different racing events, varying experience, and an array of challenging levels.
- Customizable Ships: Invest in improving your Engine, Magnets, Structure and Energy to get your ship track-ready.
- See the world: Put the pedal to the metal on 25 different tracks scattered around 5 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth. Push the envelope on additional boss circuits to see what you are made of.
- 10 Event Types: Test your skills in 10 different events: Race, Pure Race, Time Attack, Pure Time Attack, Speed, Instagib, Survival, Score Based Endurance, Last Man Standing, Arena Race.
- Team up: Drivers will have their pick of 6 different racing teams with each team requiring a different driving approach and 4 increasingly fast racing classes to see if you make the cut.
- Power ups: To get that competitive edge, you have the option of 12 upgradable power-ups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more.