As a massive fan of FlatOut 1, 2, and Ultimate Carnage, having Bugbear move away from the series was heartbreaking. FlatOut 3 was awful but FlatOut 4: Total Insanity looks to be pretty promising.
Being developed by the team behind the rather great WRC 6, Kylotonn, FlatOut 4: Total Insanity looks to bring back some of the best parts of the series that made it such an enjoyable series.
Flatout 4: Total Insanity will be out in March for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- 27 customizable cars, including tributes to fan favourites and new additions to the garage.
- 20 Tracks including traditional derby racing, time trials, arenas, assault levels, Carnage levels and much more.
- High speed collisions in fully destructible environments.
- The legendary Stunt Mode: a mix of six new stunts and six re-imagined classic stunts where the driver is flung through the windshield.
- Arena Mode: featuring 3 different game play styles – Death Match, Capture the Flag, Survivor.
- New Assault Mode: use deadly weapons to slow or destroy your opponents!
- Up to 8 players Online Mode and play locally with friends in a series of stunts.